• Welcome to Japanese Gardening Forums 日本の園芸フォーラム. Please login or sign up.
September 25, 2020, 09:01:09 am

News:

WHERE ARE YOU?  You can use the "Custom Title" of your profile settings to list your gardening location.  This helps when discussing climate sensitive topics.

Beautiful British Columbia, West coast province of Canada

Started by mack, April 02, 2008, 09:37:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mack

Hello Fellow dirt diggers from an island in the gulf of Georgia between Vancouver Island and the North American big island. ;)
I am now involved in executing a long cherished dream of a japanese style garden about 100' by 150'
on the south, east and western sides of my house.

At the moment I am searching for a fence and gate design: particularly the relative proportions of the gate(s) as there will be a main[more formal} and a side gate.  I am blessed with abundant red and yellow cedar to work with and have most wood-working tools to construct what takes my fancy.

Next , I will be looking for stones.  I already have a few varieties of bamboo, which grow well here in the Pacific North west.

don

Welcome, Mack.  You have a piece of heaven already - and lots of good resources to work with. Glad to have you with us and I look forward to sharing your garden development!

Don

kobold

welcome Mack!
We are lucky here in BC, have many good  Japanese Gardens. I never seen it, just wanted to visit for years Robin Hopper's  " Anglojapanadian" Garden at Metchosin.

Andrea

Jando

Welcome Mack,  We look forward to your project and wish you great fun with your dream project.

Also a friendly dirt digger,

June

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk