• Welcome to Japanese Gardening Forums 日本の園芸フォーラム. Please login or sign up.
July 04, 2020, 02:13:15 pm

News:

WHERE ARE YOU?  You can use the "Custom Title" of your profile settings to list your gardening location.  This helps when discussing climate sensitive topics.

Hey from Chicagoland

Started by Gardenberry, January 24, 2007, 09:24:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardenberry

Hey from Chicagoland!

I have been maintaining Japanese gardens professionally, first in Guelph, Ontario, Canada for 4 years and now in Chicagoland, for the past 5.5 years. Many of you know the garden that I take care of, called Sansho-en (not sure how much more info. I'm allowed to give) - it's quite large, almost 4 acres of land (3 islands) surrounded by a large, artificial pond. Not only do I do the daily maintenance, but I also am required to lead tours for the general public, write articles, give interviews, train workers and volunteers and teach classes.

Despite the "professional" title, I am a rank amateur compared to many of the people on the forums I've participated in. I met several of you all at the Japanese garden conference in Seattle a couple years ago. I have a million questions, but not a lot of time to spend chatting, so I tend to pop in and out of the forums on rainy or excedingly cold days when being up in a tree is uncomfortable or dangerous.

Cheers! I have great hopes that this forum will be much more pleasant than the others turned out to be!

GardenBerry (Kristin)

Michael

Welcome to mJG Kristin!!!!

It is that "taking care of" part that makes you a valuable addition to this forum.  Every day, day after day, you are responsible for the care and feeding of a pretty good size Japanese Garden.  Rain, sleet, snow, high winds, etc... and those are just the natural disasters!

Pull up a five gallon bucket and enjoy the conversations.

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk