• Welcome to Japanese Gardening Forums 日本の園芸フォーラム. Please login or sign up.
August 04, 2020, 12:24:27 am

News:

NOTICE:  JGO is considering a merger with North American Japanese Garden Association.  Please send questions and comments to don@japanesegardening.org.

Hello from North Wales

Started by Gazania, July 28, 2012, 02:27:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazania

Hi all, what a fantastic forum and website. I have read a lot of information so far and have a few questions I would like to add to the forum later.
I live in North Wales and have a small garden. A small part of it I have tried to incorporate a Japanese style. As the garden is small my Japanese section is looking a bit cluttered and busy at the moment but I am slowly spreading it out into the rest of the garden to make it more pleasing and restful.
Gazania

JBaymore

Welcome to the forum.

When you get a chance ..... pictures please.

best,

.............john

Gazania

Hi John, thanks for the welcome.

After looking at other peoples gardens on the forum I think it would be embarrassing to post pics of my garden. Firstly, it is very very small. Secondly, it really is just a jumble of plants and stones at the moment. Perhaps after a while studying from you and others on the forum I might have something worth photographing.
Gazania

Jando

Don't be embarrassed, we have all started somewhere.  Also if we see your space and what you now have perhaps our advice when you ask a question will be different.  Not all of us are in the same phase of knowledge about the Japanese Garden nor do we have gardens that are totally true Japanese Gardens.  I too am slowly adding more of a Japanese feel to a perennial flower garden that borders my Japanese Garden.  But I am not ready to give up the joy my flowers give me, so some views through my garden will include my flowers and others may frown on that, but I am not offended.  These spaces are our private sanctuaries and if you choose to only pay homage to a small area as a Japanese Garden then I respect your personal choice and I am sure others on our forum would agree.

And don't forget, small spaces are perfect for a Japanese Garden, so don't be shy.

Welcome to the forum.

June

Gazania

Hi and thanks for the welcome Jando. I will take some pics then and start a gallery. Hopefully uploading pictures won't be too difficult.

Gazania

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk