• Welcome to Japanese Gardening Forums 日本の園芸フォーラム. Please login or sign up.
July 07, 2020, 01:22:48 am

News:

NOTICE:  JGO is considering a merger with North American Japanese Garden Association.  Please send questions and comments to don@japanesegardening.org.

Konnichiwa, hello, from Boston

Started by jrseavitt, March 02, 2011, 12:44:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jrseavitt

Hello -

It seems I will be another addition from the American Northeast; my interest isn't Japanese gardens per se, but rather in creating a garden with a focus on flowers appropriate for chabana (and enough organization and structure to keep everyone else happy).  I study tea (Urasenke) and classical Japanese martial arts (jo/iai).  The former provides me with a source of plants tolerant to the region (or rather, an instructor with a substantial garden and a willingness to share ...).

Hajimemashite,
John

don

Hi, John.  Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to seeing more discussion on Chanoyu here.

JBaymore

Hi John.  Welcome to the forum.

I'm just a bit north of you....up in southern NH.  I'm a professional potter with strong connections into Japan (yes, I make chadogu  ;)) and pretty unskilled Iaidoka. 

best,

...........john

etehiver

Hello John,
You'll find that this forum's members will be interested in hearing about your interests in flowers and tea. I'm always learning new things from others here. It's a great environment to share ideas and interests.
You have a nice looking garden. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Mark

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk