• Welcome to Japanese Gardening Forums 日本の園芸フォーラム. Please login or sign up.
September 23, 2020, 02:29:13 am

News:

JGO has published A Japanese Garden Handbook - an encyclopedic overview of Japanese gardens.  Volume one is available free here:     http://www.japanesegardening.org/handbook

Hello! Jonesboro, AR

Started by chloeasha, August 03, 2010, 11:34:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chloeasha

Hi guys!  I'm Julianna, joining from (well soon-to-be-from) Jonesboro, AR.  We're moving there because my husband got into ASU for his PhD.  We've rented an apartment which we will move into on the 13th, and it has a 10x3 north-facing balcony.  He and I disagree quite often on gardening design, but we did agree that we would like a Japanese-style garden on the balcony.  The uncluttered and clean lines of design should lend itself well to a small space.  The only issue I am having is working with the no-direct-sunlight-north-facing-bright balcony I have.  

Jonesboro is a solid zone 7 (USDA) with a serious heat index.  The bright north side may end up being better than I imagine.  I'm originally from Las Vegas, so I am familiar with how light requirements change when the heat intensity rises :)

I've been scoping our bamboo, conifers, japanese maples, etc. and look forward to looking at your forum and seeing what others are doing and talking about.  

Julianna

don

Welcome Julianna!  There is a topic on balcony gardens somewhere in the main forum.  If you cant locate it, i will see if i can find it for you.  That might be a good place to start.

chloeasha

I found it!  Thank you for the suggestion.  I did a search and got quite a few topics that were super-helpful.  I am working on a plan now to bring forth for inspection by the knowledgeable ones here shortly :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk