Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Nowhere to post this question....  (Read 5768 times)

Cinder

• Niwashi
Nowhere to post this question....
« on: January 26, 2009, 01:23:53 PM »
Hi Don,

I have a technical question about the forum, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to post that, so I'm throwing it in here. 

On other forums I frequent that are similar to this one, when I click a topic that has some posts I have previously read and some new posts, the thread opens automatically to the first unread post in the thread.  I can't seem to find the preference here to make that work.  Do you know how to do it?

Thanks,
Cinder

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
Re: Nowhere to post this question....
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 01:52:56 PM »
This feature has worked off and on depending on the version of the software.  Let me ask the Grand Forum God that lives in a volcano in Hawaii.

Blaine

• Administrator
  • Niwashi
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 02:21:13 PM »
Aloha from Honolulu. (Yes, I really do live on a volcano!)

To answer your question, if I read it right:

Go to YOUR Profile, then on the left, click the Look and Layout link. In there you will see a checkbox to show the latest posts first.

I always set my accounts like this. I hope this helped. If I didn't get your question right, I apologize. Let me know and I'll try again.

Aloha and Happy New Year (of the Ox)!

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 02:28:11 PM »
Mahalo oh Great One.  May you leis always be fresh and accompanied by a beverage of high quality.

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 02:34:43 PM »
Cinder, here's an important point. 

If a board is marked with a new post icon and you click on that icon, you will be taken to the latest post. There may be other new posts on that board, but you won't know it unless you look.  An example is evident in the "Introduce Yourself" board.  Don B introduced himself, then right away, JustinBlackwell introduced himself.  When people clicked on the new post icon, it took them directly to Justin and skipped Don.  I have seen this happen a few times.  (Poor Don B).   ;)

This is why I always click on the topic instead when the new post icon shows.