Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Hello from downeast Maine  (Read 2975 times)

Monkos

• Niwashi
Hello from downeast Maine
« on: February 05, 2007, 09:36:07 AM »
Hi all.  Never been on a forum of any sort before, but guess you have to start somewhere.  I live off the coast of maine and am currently trying to survive as a garden designer/ builder / artist/ dad.  Can't quite seem to grasp the whole making $ part of the business.  JG's have served as a constant inspiration, but I am more interested in reflecting local ecosystems, geology etc...  My loves include my family, well placed stones, good ales, woodland plants, and moss.  ( Still trying to convince my wife of the moss carpet for the living room.) 
    I look forward to picking your brains and learning from the wealth of info that seems to be gathering here.  Thanks

Michael

• Administrator
  • Niwashi Hyaku
  • Be good and you are good.......play nice
Re: Hello from downeast Maine
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 04:37:41 PM »
Welcome to mJG Monkos!!!!!

You want moss, I got moss, it grows on anything here that does not move (and even some things that do move like my truck).

Another mainiac that posts here is our level headed Lee.  Hope that you two can make acquaintances.

I really like your "macro" approach.  I can also tell that you will help us with as many questions as we can help you.

Michael

Lee

• Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Hyaku
    • Lee Schneller Fine Gardens, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 08:13:50 PM »
Hi Monkos, and welcome!

Great to see a fellow Main-er (or -iac) on the forum.  At least now I'll have some company in my constant zonal griping (I think only our dear Edzard is more zonally disadvantaged).

Lee

Monkos

• Niwashi
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 09:13:07 PM »
Hi Lee,
Having moved from Vermont, I still feel pampered with the zone 5 rating.  I guess it is all relative.