Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Hello from the Mohave Desert !!!  (Read 3113 times)

MohaveKid

• Professional Member
  • Niwashi
Hello from the Mohave Desert !!!
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:32:59 PM »
Hello ... :)

Wow a new site ... very cool  ;D

I work in the Mohave Desert as a professional landscaper / gardener whatever we call ourselves these days ... my quest at home is to transition my existing garden into something with a japanese zen essence.

In a few days I'll be leaving for Oahu ..  ;D .. hope to get some ideas while I'm their and bring back some interesting images to post !!

Good Day ...  :)

Michael

• Administrator
  • Niwashi Hyaku
  • Be good and you are good.......play nice
Re: Hello from the Mohave Desert !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 12:20:29 AM »
Welcome to mJG MohaveKid!!!!!

Or how they say in the islands, howzit, brah.

If you have not done so yet, go to www.jgarden.org and type in 96818 in the zip code search.  Should pull up a few gardens to explore.

After a long day chasing your zen around, if you want a less touristy, old school vibe to imbibe in an adult beverage or two (with a killer sunset if you time it right), try La Mariana, the last of the real tiki bars.  Way off the beaten path but well worth it.  You may not get another chance, it may not be around for long.   :(

Eat a lot of tako poke for me, my favorite.   :)

My choice of sunshine this year is not Hawaii so I look forward to your pics. When you get back, we can talk story.

Michael

MohaveKid

• Professional Member
  • Niwashi
Re: Hello from the Mohave Desert !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »
Great .. talk to you soon !!

Thanks for the tips.

Good Day ... ;D