Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Hi There from England  (Read 4229 times)

dvus

• Ame Garden UK
  • Niwashi
  • Denise & Vic Lancashire UK
    • Ame - Our Japanese Styled Garden
Hi There from England
« on: July 19, 2008, 10:55:16 AM »
Hi There Everyone
Just a quick note to introduce ourselves, we are Denise and Vic from the NW of England, we have been married for hundreds of years ;D and have one son. We have always had a passion for all things Japanese and to create a Japanese Garden has been something we have always wanted to do, so two years ago we cleared our neglected back garden of weeds and brambles, some of which were around four foot high :-[ and set about the task of creating our little peice of Japan. Like all gardens it is a work in progress but our passion and dedication is paying off and our vision is slowly becoming a reality.
We enjoy looking at this site and find it very informative and we look forward to meeting new friends in the future.

Best Wishes
Denise & Vic

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
Re: Hi There from England
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 04:12:21 PM »
If you can do that with your yard in a couple of years, I cant wait to see how it develops!  Welcome to the forum, Denise and Vic!

A hundred years of marriage and only one son?     :D

gunter

• Niwashi Hyaku
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 04:17:02 PM »
Hello Denise & Vic,
Welcome to our forum. It's nice to have more members from this side of the "pond". My daughter is working for some weeks in Stirling/Scotland!
Your garden looks nice. Can you post more photos here?

Best Wishes from Germany

Günter

dvus

• Ame Garden UK
  • Niwashi
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 05:20:58 PM »
Hi There Don
Thank you very much for your comments we are flattered. Hundreds of years married and one son.... too busy gardening ;D.

dvus

• Ame Garden UK
  • Niwashi
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 05:34:32 PM »
Hello Gunter
Thanks so much we do appreciate your message. I will get Vic to post some more pics as I dont know how to do it. I'm a typical woman just likes to talk, thought I would get that in first;D. Hope your daughter has a wonderful time in Scotland, its a fantastic part of the world. If she gets the time tell her to go Edinburgh, the buildings there are something else.

Best Wishes
Denise X

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 05:51:49 PM »
And it has a most magical botanical garden - especially the rock garden.

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 07:07:32 AM »
Welcome to the forum Denise and Vic.  You will be surprised how quickly your plants grow once they are established.  I did my garden 5 years ago and everything seemed to stay fairly small for a couple of years.  But once that magical third year arrived the garden seemed to explode with growth.  Now it is getting a more mature look.

I look forward to watching your garden grow.

June

dvus

• Ame Garden UK
  • Niwashi
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 05:57:05 PM »
Hello There June
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, we are really looking forward to using the forum on a regular basis, its a great way to share info and ideas, plus there's the added bonus of meeting some really nice people.

Best Wishes

Denise x

patch

• Niwashi Hyaku
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 07:50:24 PM »
Denise and Vic,
Just want to say welcome to the forum. Nice pics of your work in progress. Just be caution... This Japanese gardening stuff can become an obsession.  :D.

Patch

dvus

• Ame Garden UK
  • Niwashi
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 05:24:40 PM »
Hello There Patch
Thanks very much for the welcome message... You are quite right it certainly is an obsession, last night we didnt stop until 10.30pm  :) Hardly any time left to check out the forum  ;D

Best Wishes
Denise & Vic