Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Hi from Colorado.  (Read 2030 times)

Justinspin

• Niwashi
Hi from Colorado.
« on: June 01, 2008, 05:11:41 PM »
Hi from Colorado. My name is Justin, Ive been working on my Japanese style garden for the past three years now. actually I started on it at least ten years ago but after allot more research and a few visits to Japan I decided it was time for a complete renovation.

My main influence comes from the smaller courtyard gardens that one might find at a ryokan and also tea gardens, So naturally my garden is on a smaller more intimate scale....at least thats what I'm aiming for.

I hope to gain allot of knowledge from all of you and hopefully share some of my own.

Healeyjet

• Saskatoon, SK Midwest Canada
  • Niwashi Hyaku
Re: Hi from Colorado.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 11:04:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  You will find some very knowledgeable people here.  Show us pictures of what you have done so far.
Ward

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 05:27:59 AM »
Justin,  Welcome, we would love to see some photos.  Sounds like you you did the right thing by redoing your garden.  The more we know about Japanese Gardens we realize how little we know.  I wish I could turn back the hands of time and create my garden now.  Oh how things would be different.  But then I would learn more in a few years and realize I had done it all wrong and have to start over again. 

June

Justinspin

• Niwashi
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 11:59:01 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes' Jando, even as I redo my garden I still find things I wish I would have done differently but I guess that's just part of the process.