Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: San Diego area, ole!  (Read 3429 times)

Joe Wood

• Niwashi
    • woodsshop.com
San Diego area, ole!
« on: May 06, 2008, 05:46:49 PM »
Greetings from very southern California, 12 miles inland from San Diego. Been signed up here for a couple months and thought it about time I join in! I was a lurker (and sometimes poster) on the GW forums. (Pretty spooky how it changed overnight ..)  I sure enjoy reading about all the varied topics revolving around Japanese gardens, so much of it interests me :-)

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute some with what I love doing the most, building Japanese 'Style' structures! I know a little about traditional building methods and techniques, but really, it's all so complex (especially roof framing) that I gave up trying to figure out how to do it using traditional methods! Instead, I borrow the J "style" and proportions I love so much, and use western style building methods for the construction.

I've been in business since 1979. Locally I design/build decks and other landscape structures.

I offer some of the structures I've designed as Kits and Plans on my website. I'm very conscience about Not trying to promote my website by posting links to it on this forum if anyone would have issues with that, but like with the person who's looking for Moon Gate Plans, I could be very helpful there.

Good to see you all!

Joe Wood
Joe Wood

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
Re: San Diego area, ole!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 06:17:44 PM »
Welcome Joe.  Sounds like we will have lots to discuss!  Thanks for introducing yourself.
Don

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 06:55:02 AM »
Joe,  I think you may have a web site I have visited with photos of your work.  I could have you mixed up with someone else.  But if you do please share it, as I remember it was quite inspiring to see your structures.

Welcome,

June

Joe Wood

• Niwashi
    • woodsshop.com
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 08:34:08 AM »
(Ok, need to make sure Notify is checked)

Say, I have two questions right off he bat. The first is, when you check my Profile by clicking my name you can see my email addy in there. I have Hide from Others checked. how do I actually hide it?

Second, when I first arrive here each day and click 'Show unread posts since your last visit', it always comes up with 'No unread topics found since your last visit.' How can I get that function to work??
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 03:42:13 PM by don »
Joe Wood

Healeyjet

• Saskatoon, SK Midwest Canada
  • Niwashi Hyaku
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 09:02:32 AM »
Joe, I believe you have to be "logged in" for the notification of new posts to appear.
Ward

Joe Wood

• Niwashi
    • woodsshop.com
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 09:35:43 AM »
That's something else Ward, I need to log in every time I visit. I use Firefox and Ad Block, maybe I need to look at the settings.
Joe Wood

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 03:45:39 PM »
Joe and others, please see my post in the Main forum under General Discussion

jahra

• Niwashi
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 03:42:56 PM »

Welcome to the forum Joe!

Joe Wood

• Niwashi
    • woodsshop.com
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 04:40:25 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate the welcome jahra.

Say, if you get the JOJG, did you see the Cape Cod Azumaya article in the Mar/Apr issue? That was built by Ray Stephens from one of my Plans. Turned out very nicely, especially being built by an academic with no real building skills. Here's a link to some more pics of it on my site ...
http://woodsshop.com/RaysAzumaya.htm
Joe Wood

jahra

• Niwashi
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 09:36:07 AM »
Thanks, I appreciate the welcome jahra.

Say, if you get the JOJG, did you see the Cape Cod Azumaya article in the Mar/Apr issue? That was built by Ray Stephens from one of my Plans. Turned out very nicely, especially being built by an academic with no real building skills. Here's a link to some more pics of it on my site ...
http://woodsshop.com/RaysAzumaya.htm

Hi Joe!

Thanks for the link of pics of the Azumaya. Beautiful!  I have been looking at your website,
 wonderful structures for Oriental Gardens.  I am happy to hear a non builder built the
 azumaya-theres hope for us. :)     

We just signed up for the JOJG very recently, so have not received a first issue yet.

Thanks for introducing us to your website!

Jahra

Yama

• Professional Member
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 08:00:24 PM »
Hi Joe
I am not forgoten you.  sorry not sending you things you have asked. some day I will send you one  ;)
yama

Japanese