Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2962 times)

tdg

• Portland, Oregon
  • Board of Directors
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
Introduce Yourself
« on: January 29, 2007, 12:52:55 AM »
Hello,
       I am Terry from Portland, Oregon.  In 1999 the State HiWay
dept. destroyed a large part of our back yard in a drainage redo.  We  used this opportunity to rework the entire landscape.  Masa Mizuno of  Masa & Assoc agreed to do a redesign and installation of the framework. He comes in May each year for a day of concentrated teaching and pruning  assistance.  My lot is about 1/2 acre and keeps me very busy doing maintence, but this is what I enjoy.  I am trying to learn as much about japanese gardening as I can & hope that this forum in very successful.
       Michael,  I met you at the Seattle Symposium and hope that your
garden is doing well.

Michael

• Administrator
  • Niwashi Hyaku
  • Be good and you are good.......play nice
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 10:38:09 AM »
Welcome to mJG Terry!!!

I remember our conversation.  Your description about what happened made me feel that a loved one was involved in a car wreck.  I feel for you.  Land rights notwithstanding, to have your garden destroyed in the face of "progress" is ludicrous.

Masa is the man!!! Good on you.  For my garden, well, it is a work in progress and as I type this from a hotel room in Phoenix, I can tell you first hand that I don't spend enough time in it.

Michael

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 07:48:25 AM »
Hi Terry,

Welcome and I hope too this forum is successful which I think from reading posts it is.  I too was at the Seattle symposium and because of meeting Masa and seeing his work I for one would love to see photos of your garden.  I can only imagine the wealth of information you recieve when he comes to prune and teach you how to maintain your garden.  It would be a honor to see your garden and learn from studying the photos.

Cheers  June

kobold

• Vancouver, BC
  • Niwashi Hyaku
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 12:28:09 PM »
Hi Terry

welcome here, this is a fantastic forum! Please, post photos, I like to learn from an other PNW gardener.

Andrea