Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Hallo aus Deutschland :-)  (Read 4580 times)

gunter

• Niwashi Hyaku
Hallo aus Deutschland :-)
« on: March 12, 2008, 03:56:24 AM »
Hello,.
My name is Gunter, actually Günter,but as most of your PCs don't show the german letter "ü" and I know, that English speaking people have difficulties to pronounce this letter, I just use the "u" instead.
I am 61 years old, and married with an Asian from Singapore. Her mother was a Japanese and one of her sister is married to a Japanese and lives near Kanazawa. Two years ago we spent our holidays in Japan. Since then I'm "addicted" :).
I have always been interested in nature and gardening. That's why I did a training as horticulturist for 3 years. But only greenhouseplants, no landscaping. Later on I studied horticulture, so I am what we call in Germany Dipl.ing.agr.(Diplpom ingeneur of agriculture). But my focus has been more on marketing than on production. The last 20 years I have been a teacher in something like a technical college. This is in Germany a school, where young people, who want to become professionals have to go for theory. I mostly teach young ladies who want to become professional florists.
We live in south-west Germany with the Black-Forest in the back and the river Rhine in front ;D. The next bigger town is Strasbourg in France. We have a house in a small town and also a very small garden which I try to change into a "Japanese Garden".
I'd like to post some pictures, but I don't know whether to include them in the post, which consumes webspace, or to use an external hoster which has the disadvantage that they may be cancelled after a certain time, what I could see in some threads here :(.

Greetings from Germany

Gunter
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:19:13 PM by don »

kobold

• Vancouver, BC
  • Niwashi Hyaku
Re: Hallo aus Deutschland :-)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 05:27:41 AM »
Hello  Günter!

Welcome to the forum!

Andrea
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:18:34 PM by don »

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 07:52:46 AM »
Welcome Gunter!  You can post photos up to 128 k on the forum.  Your home sounds beautiful!

d

george in the uk

• East Yorkshire UK
  • Niwashi Hyaku
  • Anyone who never made a mistake never made anythin
    • George's Japanese Garden
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 10:07:07 AM »
Hi Gunter,
Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find some new friends here and yes let us see some of your photo's.
George.

gunter

• Niwashi Hyaku
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 04:46:14 PM »
Hello Andrea, Don and George,
thanks for your welcome :).
I posted some pics of our garden in the main forum.

Greetings from Germany, where the cherry-blossoms start flowering :)

Gunter

edzard

• Garden Professionals
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • fuzei
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 10:14:32 PM »
Grusse Guenter...
ja, mein armer Mac hat auch nicht ein umlaut, veilleicht wenn ich kocken wurde, dann wurde ich Ihn finden.. Wurde es gut genug sein fuer jetzt wenn ich ein 'e' benutze??... Trotzdem.. kannst zwei Punckten machen jede zeit.. und bestimmt,- Zwei sind besser wie Einz wenn Sie etwas zu erklaeren haben.... immer so mehr so besser... Leute oder Punckte.. ;D
             bis spaeter.. bloss muss mann essen...          edzard

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 06:41:06 AM »
Welcome Gunter, here I am showing total trust in my friend Edzard, (since I do not read German), and say ditto to what he responded.  Now I sure hope Edzard gave you a warm welcome in your native language!!!  If not sorry and we hope you enjoy the forum.

Cheers June

kobold

• Vancouver, BC
  • Niwashi Hyaku
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 04:58:02 PM »
June, never trust a man so much, especially not the Joker.

Edzard, here are some :  öööö,  üüüüü , Å‘Å‘Å‘Å‘,  űűűűűű ,  help yourself!!

Andrea

edzard

• Garden Professionals
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • fuzei
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 07:37:08 PM »
 ::), sadly.. Andrea is right.
I can not be trusted.....  ;D ;D

patch

• Niwashi Hyaku
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 08:57:57 PM »
Welcome Gunter,
 Just wanted to compliment your garden and especially the Machiai. I hope to do something similar this spring/summer.

Nice work!

Patch

gunter

• Niwashi Hyaku
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 04:21:36 PM »
Hallo,
Thanks for the warm welcome! I feel already quite at home here!
@edzard: Danke für die herzliche Begr��ung! (I'd like to hear you pronouncing this ;D).
My only problem is, that my English is not very good. To talk about food, shopping or household is something different than "levelled surface" in a Japanese garden. My wife couldn't find the word "levelled" in her Oxford dictionary and we still don't know whether this means all at one level or that you have different levels in your garden? But why not learning about Japanese gardens and improving the English a the same time?

Gr��e aus Deutschland

Günter
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:19:53 PM by don »

edzard

• Garden Professionals
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • fuzei
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 08:50:12 PM »
ja.. das wurde eine Melodie sein wie ein Bremer-Musikant...

but you are right we shall practice English as my unused mostly forgotten first language will only hurt your ears, :)), as the accent is from Bremen/Berlin and not from.. Freiburg perhaps?? na ja nicht wichig

levelling (English) leveling (American), and 'levelled surface' is when all the hills and valleys have been taken out, and the garden is at one level - now.
English is all over the place.. not a very level or precise language.

if you have a question I may assist with just send me a message on the message board (My Messages at the top of pages).     .. edzard

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 09:53:39 AM »
Edzard, I didn't realize you spoke English...   :D

edzard

• Garden Professionals
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • fuzei
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 05:10:40 PM »
I don't... nor do I speak German ::)

gunter

• Niwashi Hyaku
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 09:37:12 AM »
Hallo edzard,
but you are right we shall practice English as my unused mostly forgotten first language will only hurt your ears, :)), as the accent is from Bremen/Berlin and not from.. Freiburg perhaps?? na ja nicht wichig
    .. edzard
Just to inform you: I'm born and grew up in Hamburg :), so I don't speak Badisch or Allemanisch!

Günter
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:20:11 PM by don »