Front Desk- Open To Public > Questions

Membership Classifications

<< < (2/4) > >>

Michael:

--- Quote from: edzard on January 27, 2007, 01:09:16 PM ----- sounds like fun, but why?
       edzard

--- End quote ---

You answered your own question.  Just having a spot of fun.   :)

What say you, Edzard san?  Watchagot?

edzard:
I gots....

fuzei 0-50
fuego 50->
el Nino 100 ->
Taiphun 200 ->
V 3 (cubed). .... ... +++ 500 ->

this keeps to Georges thought provoking philosophy. This way he/she who speaks the least, yet alludes the most, has the freshest breath...  as I notice that the Edo was a period of redundancy, Momoyama a tail-end of ostentatious over abundance... and the Showa a period of silent demonstrative uncertainty,..... which is quite nicely oblique for a subtext system..

whereas Mikes selection of historic periods may show more sensitivity to actual acquisition of information gain or transmission...
but why rank anything?
shrug,.. I always liked silver stars better than gold stars in grade school, which -- considering I liked the color better for ingrained ethical reasons, meant that the real challenge was, how not to get a gold star, --- how many wrong answers will it take to get a silver one, ... and not a bronze and not the dreaded gold one.

not everyone has the same objectives if objectives need be measured... getting a gold star was easy, but the real challenge was figuring out how to throw the test so as not to get caught - which of course was strapable... but at least that was interesting from a choice of rat tail, beaver tail, or conventional ribbed leather or flat, stroped n' waxed. (btw. the beaver tail hurt the most --)(yah,.. I know, more than you needed to know, I'll try to keep responses at the fresh mountain breeze category..)

edzard:
--- of course if V3 : verdant verbal verbosity does not suit anyone..
then may I suggest 'kaze' and if the responses become too ethereally windy then 'kami'kaze can always be adopted to recognise the transcendence of all previous volumes.....
                           ;D
                                    edzard, who is still wondering what the tiers are for and how they can be useful

Jack:
Hmm ... I tend to agree with Edzard. To me, the tiers only sets up an artifical social caste system. It would most definitely have made Mohandas G chafe in his fundoshi... :-\

Mike, If you do decide to keep it - or any variation of it, perhaps consider allowing posters to  switch it off using their User preferences?.. Then everybody will be happy ...I would gladly donate my tier to anyone who desires it. I'm cool with being tierless..

Recently, I was on a forum where not only could one acquire gold stars and other flashing pixels after one's name -- but one could also distribute 'reputation' points, and 'demerit' points at will. Can you imagine the havoc it caused! :)

Later, after much accusations and hand-wringing, admin decided to let people choose to switch off their 'levels' and 'reps'... of course the ones with 5 trillon posts balked at this development, having to give up their quivers of shiny gold stars, buttons and doo-dads ( sigh.. these people who weren't shown affection in their formative years)

But then, what came was even worse! - The mods decided that everyone could view WHO gave them those 'anonymous' demerit points. It became a circus  :D

Michael:
hmmmm, demerit points ***wringing hands****

The classifications were based on post counts nothing more, nothing less.  So, in all fairness, everyone is a "niwashi" until they post 8,545,823 more times and then they become " crazy takoyaki (wo)man".

I think that is fair.

Michael 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version