Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Suggestions for design and layout of the forum  (Read 5846 times)

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
Suggestions for design and layout of the forum
« on: January 09, 2008, 06:59:43 PM »
I am wondering what everyone enjoyed about the old GW Japanese Gardening forum that we might want to adopt here.  Does anybody have any comments. Like Michael said, now's the time to speak up!

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
Re: Suggestions for design and layout of the forum
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 08:55:39 PM »
I really like the way this forum is set up now much better than the old one JGW forum.  You can see all the new post with a click of a button and if you haven't been around for a few days you can check each new post for a new thread from there also.  I think Michael and all of you who helped did a great job. I also really like spell check and all the other goodies this forum provides.  Just more participation is all I can think for improvement.  And it has really been busy lately with good posts. 

What happened to the project thread.  I tried to post on it this am. and it didn't take my post.  Then I thought I'd get the photos for Don then re-post.  And while I was taking the photos my daughter stopped for 4 hours.  When I finally tried to log on tonight I only saw what guests see which isn't too much.  Re-logged in and the posts and the new thread was gone.  What's up with that???  Do you still want the info Don and if so I hope I remember everything you and Edzard wanted.  It is a smashing idea that would benefit many of us who are trying to prune properly.

Thanks

June

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 09:11:54 PM »
Oh my gosh, you are right Don.  All of the long posts Mike did about the lanterns are gone.  I sure am glad I had a chance to read them.  Hope you can re-post all that Mike.   :o  I thought I had been banished for not replying fast enough to you and Edzards requests Don.    ;D Guess you guys wouldn't do that. Right?

Not to worry Don, all is not lost we still have a little memory left.  Chuckling, well I am hoping you guys do anyway.

Jando

edzard

• Garden Professionals
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • fuzei
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 11:40:08 PM »
-- seems some images were lost in transition as well...
we'll see in the next few days what can be remembered, and !!!! if anyone has Yama's last posts on file, lets get them back up... I'll rework the Projects as soon as Don has a breathing moment to create the sub-file in General Discussions or wherever deemed best...
thanks,              edzard

Henry

• Niwashi
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 12:41:43 PM »
I guess the skin could be green, to make a better match with the index page, but the forum seems very good.

Justinspin

• Niwashi
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 05:14:56 PM »
I wasn't around for the old GW forums but I think a gallery would be a nice feature.

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 12:10:46 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, Justin!

There are three options for posting pics; use the link below in Additional Options, ask for a board in "Personal Gardens - your own space" or if you need more space I can give you an account on http://www.japanesegardening.org/gallery .