Front Desk- Open To Public > Upcoming Events

North American Japanese Garden Association Biennial Conference- Chicago

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jando:
Edzard,

If you would like to arrange to see the Anderson's Gardens I would be happy to help you out, just let me know.
June

edzard:
June.. as ever you are kind.. and it would be good to spend some time with you and yours again as well..
at the moment I don't know what to say, except yes,..  (though may not be necessary, per se)
by explanation, as that may seem best:
before I was presenting with Ardie, I booked the pre-tour on the 15th,
then, at the latest point for changing/altering flights, I found out we were presenting on the 15th,
now, it seems in the last few days, we are presenting on the 17th..
   its all good, except when I booked my flights, :),  I went back and changed my flight to arrive on the 13th instead of the 14th to have the 14th to visit gardens, and present on the 15th, the day of the pre-tour...
so.. please forgive my confusion and late reply..   and, does this matter to anyone else.. nope.. sorry to waste bandwidth for my tardy reply...             
so.... June,.. you're attending the conference....   ...
anyone else?
              edzard

Jando:
Hey Edzard,
Unfortunately I am not attending the conference.  After all the time you spent helping me when I was putting in my garden I would be more than happy to see you got to Rockford and Andersons Gardens.  Shoot me an email if you wish to confirm plans. If you remember I live near the gardens and it would be an easy commute to get you there.
 June

North American Japanese Garden Association:

--- Quote from: edzard on September 14, 2014, 01:01:31 AM ---before I was presenting with Ardie, I booked the pre-tour on the 15th,
then, at the latest point for changing/altering flights, I found out we were presenting on the 15th,
now, it seems in the last few days, we are presenting on the 17th..         
so.... June,.. you're attending the conference....   ...
anyone else?
              edzard

--- End quote ---

Hi Edzard --- Looking forward to your presentation with Ardie at the conference.  We read the summary and quite amazed with the way you position extreme environmental conditions as a learning opportunity for gardeners. Because a garden can be a very highly controlled environment, we do sometime lose sight of the fact that the plants in our garden should follow a natural rather than a human calendar. 

edzard:
thank you Grace,.....
.. and for the diplomacy... ;D  please feel free to suggest refinements....
I am trying to come to terms with some extreme concepts these days..

to actually make a difference by observing an extreme, I was hoping for something to capture the idea of 'epic...' happenings..
and then I found out that 'epic' is no longer when Moses parted the seas,  8)
but when someone has actually decided where to part their hair... - for themselves-...
now thats epic...           :o
         I think I can safely say that I've been hanging out in the trees too long...     ::)  and your assistance for getting back on the ground is appreciated...       tks,..     edzard

btw.,, the NAJGA online leaflet states that the hotel bookings are full..   ?
               .. but I booked the conference hotel and got a room at the conference pricing.. did more rooms become available? Does that mean the conference is almost fully booked?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version