Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Going to home  (Read 3910 times)

Yama

• Professional Member
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
Going to home
« on: July 09, 2007, 12:36:20 AM »
Hi all
 I am thinking to going to home.  It may not happen soon but just matter of time I have to go back to Japan.  My mother is getting old and I am only the son. She lost older sister last year and her young sister's helth is deterioteing.  My mother saying that I won't be happy if you came to my funaral. insted I want you to come see me now while I am breathing.
 Some time in next year, after taking care of personal business then  I am going to home.
Before I leave, give my home address to Edzard, Cady ,June,Micheal and few others who know me well.
Once I settle and get new computer over there, I may be able to write /post again. You can contact to me If need or want to.
I can post up dated Japanese landscaping/Japanese garden with photos to you.

MY home town is famous for cherry tree collection and  Ginkgo's street trees. I also found that some rear bamboo and rear wild plants are found in my home town. City of Hachioji locate west of Tokyo and Hachioji is part of metro Tokyo.  One of my favor cherry tree is " Ukon" which has avocado color flower

My post is not related to Japanese garden but this is one of condition that Micheal and I agreed on.
I can write any thing I want to write  ;D

If anyone who live Detroit are, My nephew, Frank Wistil who is news paper reporter of Detroit Freedom had been injured on auto accident. Please pray for Frank for quick recover.
                                                                                                                               yama

kobold

• Vancouver, BC
  • Niwashi Hyaku
Re: Going to home
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 12:26:54 AM »
Yama-san.....

Your mother is very wise and you will remember forever that you had quality time with  her when she still could enjoy it. Do you plan to stay in Japan for long? Work or study there? I'm looking forward to see all the great pictures you will send us!!

Andrea

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 06:35:31 AM »
Japan is where you should be to enjoy your family while they are still here.  I have no regrets spending endless hours with my parents when they needed me.  After all they were there for me when I needed them. 

Your mother will be so happy to have you home.  And we will have the added bonus of your photos.

June

Richard

• Niwashi Hyaku
  • Ikkyu - having no destination I am never lost.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:15:11 AM »
Hi Yama San

My stomach hit that rock bottom feeling when I read that you have a nephew who is injured . I'm very close with my Uncles. When I was injured in an auto related accident I remember seeing thier concern and I can immagine yours .

My Grandma whome raised me since my mother passed away when I was a childed has lost her husband and her sisters these past years . When one particular sister of hers , (My Aunt Melly) was becoming quite ill and home bound I for some reason lingered at her house and often spent nights there sleeping in the living room. My familly would visit and go home but I stayed around often for a few months.  I recall as ill as she was she attained such energy !! And would wake up just before me and start making me breakfast : ) < smiles . I'd leap off the couch - splash water on my face and help her in the kitchen.  Throughout the day I'd ask questions about photographs on the wall or the watercolors her son had painted decades ago . She had created many oil paintings and like her son for the most part both of them used memories of flowers in everything they painted. Those flowers they painted were of her husbands garden or her fathers gardens .

I learned  Everything was tied into another and those months spent with her now make me happy . Its a good feeling .

Best of wishes to you Yama San

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 07:46:49 PM »
Yama-san, I think you take many of us with you when you return home.  Is this your last surviving parent?  If so, see your home very differently while you are there.  Although you are strong enough to carry young gardeners on your back, you will gain more strength as you find you are carrying even more.