Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: DONATIONS NEEDED.  (Read 3164 times)

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
DONATIONS NEEDED.
« on: December 09, 2013, 05:18:22 PM »
Good news for Japanese Gardening Organization!

After a year of waiting, JGO just received determination from the Internal Revenue Service that we are now a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization! And with this begins a new stage of development -- one in which we hope to offer webinars, seminars, DVDs, an enhanced database and improved online and forum resources.

We are most grateful for your support since our beginning 11 years ago. Since then, volunteer efforts and sponsorships have supported the online resources, social media pages, a growing collection of photographic galleries, and of course the Forum where accurate information from professionals meets the passion of the new gardener. To date, there are more than 700 members, almost 1700 Japanese gardening topics and more than 13,000 posts!

Now we are asking you to help sustain and grow this unique resource. Please consider what this organization and its resources mean to you and society in general. Help spread the spiritual, physical and health benefits that Japanese gardens can bring.

We hope you will join in this celebration of a goal achieved. JGO will not engage in constant email solicitations or requests for support, so please take this request seriously. Your welcome contributions are now tax deductible.

JGO offers a personal thank you for your consideration of this request, and for your own contributions to this special place, its resources and our conversations!

Donate securely online: http://www.japanesegardening.org/
or
Send your check to the address listed below -

Japanese Gardening Organization
7306 N Vandiver Road
San Antonio, TX 78209

Michaelinseattle

• Board of Directors
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • MichaelsGarden
Re: DONATIONS NEEDED.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 12:42:02 PM »
Only a few hours left for those in the U.S.A who want to get a 2013 tax deduction for their donations.   ;D

Happy New Year!!!!  ;D

Michaelinseattle

• Board of Directors
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • MichaelsGarden
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 09:43:21 AM »
Hi Don,
I am about to make my 2014 contribution in a few days.  Have you all established the process for sending folks back "donation" receipts?  I want to be sure to get the information for tax prep. 

I am not so much concerned about the 2013 stuff for myself. However.. in 2014 it would be nice. 

Since I was wondering,  I thought others might be too so I thought I would just post the question. :) 

Sorry if I am not suppose to discuss such things on the forum..  :-X   ::)   8)

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 02:44:39 PM »
Michael, we can certainly provide a receipt for your taxes.  Is email ok?

Thanks for all your support!
d

MrMiagi

• Niwashi Hyaku
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 10:50:03 AM »
Don,
  When you donate, do you receive some kind message saying, donation received?
I donated a couple of weeks ago via Pay Pal, a mistake. Thought i was using my debt
card. Couple of years ago i opened a Pay Pal account. The next day a computer store in
Missouri contacted me and asked if i had just order $1800. in computer items. I said NO.
Had to cancel my card and get a new one. Don't trust Pay Pal.
  Please let me know if you received my donation.  TIA

John (MrMiagi)

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 10:19:46 PM »
John, yes you should have gotten an acknowledgement for any donation online.  It was me that dropped the ball not sending an acknowledgement!  Thanks for speaking up!  While i have never had a problem with paypal, we certainly have other donation options.  I will send you an email and provide you with an acknowledgement of your gift.  I am very sorry.

Thanks for the support!

don
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:27:18 PM by don »

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 06:50:00 AM »
John, I just rechecked and we have the highest level of security with PayPal.  A weakness can occur with sites that do not set up a secure link or try to do business on their end without a secure socket.  I believe we are in good shape here but as i mentioned earlier, there are options for anyone not wishing to use PayPal.

Thanks again!!!
dp