Front Desk- Open To Public > Introduce Yourself!

(1/2) > >>

rickichan:
Hi,

I'm a gardener from East Central Indiana. I lived in Japan for 1 1/2 years when I was 2- 3 years old (59 years ago) while my father was in the navy. That's where I received the nickname Rickichan. We built a new home 4 years ago and I'm working on the landscape myself.  I've nearly finished a Zen style garden I'd like feedback on; especially on whether or not to place a metal lantern on a rock or on the ground. 

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Rickichan 

don:
Welcome to the forum!  You can post photos of your garden in the Private Gardens forum for comments if you like.

Michaelinseattle:
Welcome Rickichan,
Did you post some puctures?

Michaelinseattle:
I mean pictures of course.  :-[

rickichan:
Hi,
I tried to post a picture of my stone garden but I wasn't able to find it after I posted it. I want to install an electrified metal lantern on a rock and I don't know if the placement is appropriate.  I'll try to post the picture again tomorrow.  Presently I'm connecting the stone garden with a stone walkway via a gravel and stepping stone path with a dry stone stream with a stone bridge.  The piece of stone is 4' x 18" x 2".  Do I need to use footers below the frost for both ends of the bridge so it won't move in winter/spring thaw?
Thanks for your interest. 
Sincerely,
Rickichan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version