Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Hello from SC!  (Read 1272 times)

JohnJinSC

• Niwashi
Hello from SC!
« on: August 08, 2013, 08:43:10 PM »
Just want to say hello, and I hope to get a little advice and tips on getting a small Japanese garden going in my back yard.  My wife and I planted a nice Japanese Bloodgood Maple last year, and it has done quite well.  It's now about 6 ft. tall and nice and full.  We want to put a circular path around it with pea gravel, and put about a dozen flagstones on the path.  A small stone bench on one side, and a concrete lantern on the opposite side, with some sort of small hedges on either side of the bench and lantern.  I bought a pretty Hinoki Cypress this past weekend and would like to include it somewhere in the garden.  I want to start small and not get in over my head.

K.T. Cannon-Eger

• NAJGA
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • US Japanese garden blog
Re: Hello from SC!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:26:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
You will find a wealth of ideas in the gallery section. Wonderful photos of several different styles.
Also on the web site are many links to useful information. Start with
http://www.japanesegardening.org/
Then start asking questions in the various subject areas of the Forum for more specific recommendations. There are some fantastic people on this forum -- many willing to share their experience.
K.T.

Michaelinseattle

• Board of Directors
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • MichaelsGarden
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 10:07:38 AM »
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I am a newbie to the forum, On of the first questions I was asked.. That has helped me along.... What feeling did I warn to experience in my garden.. What did I want it to invoke in others....

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 12:10:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum, John.  I have relocated your question about pathways to the stones and gravel section of the forum where it will be more easily found in the future.  Thanks!
don

Japanese