Japanese Gardening Organization

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Hello from SC!  (Read 1576 times)

• Niwashi
Hello from SC!
« on: August 08, 2013, 08:43:10 PM »
Just want to say hello, and I hope to get a little advice and tips on getting a small Japanese garden going in my back yard.  My wife and I planted a nice Japanese Bloodgood Maple last year, and it has done quite well.  It's now about 6 ft. tall and nice and full.  We want to put a circular path around it with pea gravel, and put about a dozen flagstones on the path.  A small stone bench on one side, and a concrete lantern on the opposite side, with some sort of small hedges on either side of the bench and lantern.  I bought a pretty Hinoki Cypress this past weekend and would like to include it somewhere in the garden.  I want to start small and not get in over my head.

K.T. Cannon-Eger

• Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • US Japanese garden blog
Re: Hello from SC!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:26:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
You will find a wealth of ideas in the gallery section. Wonderful photos of several different styles.
Also on the web site are many links to useful information. Start with
Then start asking questions in the various subject areas of the Forum for more specific recommendations. There are some fantastic people on this forum -- many willing to share their experience.

• Board of Directors
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • MichaelsGarden
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 10:07:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I am a newbie to the forum, On of the first questions I was asked.. That has helped me along.... What feeling did I warn to experience in my garden.. What did I want it to invoke in others....

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 12:10:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum, John.  I have relocated your question about pathways to the stones and gravel section of the forum where it will be more easily found in the future.  Thanks!