Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Greetings from the Deep South  (Read 2597 times)

IanDad

• Niwashi
Greetings from the Deep South
« on: January 21, 2007, 04:01:19 PM »
Hi all, I was just getting into Japanese Gardening when the nonsense erupted at the other two forums. Not pretty...

I am a  career changer and am now working in an incredible nursery which gives me access to some of the most interesting Japanese/Asian plants that are just now making it to  this country. MY (I love that part Michael...) Japanese Garden  does (will), as such, have many plants not seen in traditional gardens. So be it!

My undergrad degree was in Geology, so, well you don't have to guess what I REALLY like about JGs. I am also a certified bambooholic, which dovetails nicely. Currently growing over twenty cultivars, including Moso which does very well in this part of the country.

I am still in the beginning of my design stages for the JG and will probably lurk for a while. I  also have a tropicalesque garden that I compete (fiercely ;)) with a Great Pyrenees and small children for dominance of. So far it is a draw.

I'm really looking forward to this new site and exploring all facets of this incredibly engaging pastime.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 04:03:03 PM by IanDad »

Michael

• Administrator
  • Niwashi Hyaku
  • Be good and you are good.......play nice
Re: Greetings from the Deep South
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 04:45:07 PM »
Welcome to mJG Iandad!!!!

The "my" part came about in pretty funny way.  I was conversing online with a webmaster of another forum (non garden related)  I participate in and he suggested the title.  Did the domain search and there it was.  Locked it up and here we are!!!

Another bamboo junkie..........hmm........time for a poll....if I can figure out how to do it.   :)

Michael

Japanese