Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Hi everyone! I´m Carla  (Read 3829 times)

carlamorim

• Niwashi
    • My Japanese Garden
Hi everyone! I´m Carla
« on: November 16, 2012, 06:48:59 AM »
Hello everyone. I'm Carla and I live in Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
Thank you for accepting me in the forum!

I've fallen in love with Japanese gardens since I was on vacation and during a cruse we stopped in Monaco and I visited the Japanese Garden there...

After that I starting looking for the right plants to plant according the zone, soil and temperature and discovered that most of the plants, trees and flowers that people use around here are originally from japan and that the climate and soil pH is just like what they have over there.

So I decided that would have my one Japanese Garden! Initially I started doing it myself but soon realized that I couldn't make the pond alone, and that some professional help would be needed. After finding a gardening company specialized in Japanese gardens, and approving the project, 5 long moths were needed until finally it was finished in February 2012.

Now I dedicate it a lot of my time taking weeds, feeding my 3 koi fish, pruning azaleas, pruning my pines  - reading and learning from whatever I can: books and internet - So, for me it is very important to be in a forum that it specialized in this king of gardens. I'm a young baby learning to walk in this magical world of Japanese gardens and Niwakis... and I will need some help for sure! ;D

To start with, let me introduce you to my garden, hope you like it  :)

The plan:

Only few photos here, but I will post in garden gallery a few more:

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
Re: Hi everyone! I´m Carla
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:37:08 AM »
Welcome to the forum Carla and thanks for sharing your garden!

Don

etehiver

• Minnesota - zone 4
  • Niwashi Hyaku
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 09:54:02 PM »
Nice garden Carla! Glad to have you here with us.

zvone

• Niwashi
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 04:39:26 AM »
Hello everyone. I'm Carla and I live in Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
Thank you for accepting me in the forum!

Wau!

Beautiful!  Still forward many enjoyments!

Best Regards!  zvone

Ales

• Niwashi
    • https://www.facebook.com/australan.alex
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 10:07:16 AM »
Hallo Carla :)

ohh, well done, nice job in your garden :)

Regards Ales

carlamorim

• Niwashi
    • My Japanese Garden
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 03:32:54 AM »

Thank you Zvone and Ales!

I really love my garden ;) and your right, Zvone, the best of having it is that you don't stop enjoying it, doesn't matter if one is picking weeds, or pruning, or just removing fall leaves... I enjoy it so much!

It's nice to find a place where people value the work and beauty of a Japanese garden... our house is in a small village near by Santiago de compostela and people around here are farmers so they have a different look of what a garden can be... you can't imagine the look on their faces when they saw the huge truck that came with the all the rocks!!! :o For a couple of moths I had everyday some neighbor bringing me grapes, or eggs or fruit only to check what the hell was I doing in my front yard  ;D  8)
After it was finnish they came to see it and told me that it was beautiful, but still some tell me that for them it make no sense to have a Japanese garden in Galicia  ::)

Regards!

zvone

• Niwashi
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »

Thank you Zvone and Ales!

I really love my garden ;) and your right, Zvone, the best of having it is that you don't stop enjoying it, doesn't matter if one is picking weeds, or pruning, or just removing fall leaves... I enjoy it so much!

It's nice to find a place where people value the work and beauty of a Japanese garden... our house is in a small village near by Santiago de compostela and people around here are farmers so they have a different look of what a garden can be... you can't imagine the look on their faces when they saw the huge truck that came with the all the rocks!!! :o For a couple of moths I had everyday some neighbor bringing me grapes, or eggs or fruit only to check what the hell was I doing in my front yard  ;D  8)
After it was finnish they came to see it and told me that it was beautiful, but still some tell me that for them it make no sense to have a Japanese garden in Galicia  ::)

Regards!

Hi Carla!

Thanks for beautiful words and thoughts. Garden is never completed (love) story. Enjoy this love still ahead. Accept my deep respect.

Best Regards!  zvone

http://zvonem.blogspot.si/news/

Ales

• Niwashi
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 04:47:29 AM »
Hi Carla,

yes .... I have the same problem ... hahaha .... My neighbors are already norwegian older generation can not understand why I want to grow bent and crooked Pine, when everybody wants straight, why breed moss, when everyone kill him, why seek truck to transport heavy stone, when they all want the stones away from the garden .....  ;D  But I do not give much weight to the opinions neighbor .... I live my life in my garden and enjoying even the hard work and it is the essence of exactly how you say .......
Very nice work on your garden and beautiful video!! Keep up the great work :) and if you have a lot of criticism, build bamboo fences higher  ;D :o ;D

Regards from Norway

Ales

carlamorim

• Niwashi
    • My Japanese Garden
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 05:44:56 AM »
Hi Carla,

yes .... I have the same problem ... hahaha .... My neighbors are already norwegian older generation can not understand why I want to grow bent and crooked Pine, when everybody wants straight, why breed moss, when everyone kill him, why seek truck to transport heavy stone, when they all want the stones away from the garden .....  ;D  But I do not give much weight to the opinions neighbor .... I live my life in my garden and enjoying even the hard work and it is the essence of exactly how you say .......
Very nice work on your garden and beautiful video!! Keep up the great work :) and if you have a lot of criticism, build bamboo fences higher  ;D :o ;D

Regards from Norway

Ales

;Exactly what happen here... the last funny episode was when I asked one of my neighbors if I could remove some of the moss he has on his side wall to dry out and "plant" in my garden and he looked at me like I'm crazy, then laughed and said "please do, and clean it up!"

Deep inside I know they love it, have a few that peek when passing by and others that have my permission to enter, even if I'm not at home, so they come with their grandchildren to feed the fish or just stay at the deck looking at them...

O assume you saw the video in youtube or did you pass by my blog? Need to update the blog ::)some day ;D

greetings!!!

Ales

• Niwashi
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 01:45:48 PM »
Hi Carla,

Of course I saw the blog and videos and whole pages, even your local TV broadcast meetings where you are, haha??, your garden is now popular :) Me personally took part where the kasuga lantern and entrance to the rear garden ..... very beautiful entrance and fenced ... Upgrade blog, very pleasure comes back ... Good luck with NIWAKI !!!!!!!!!   I got a little easier job because stressed pine here in Norway, as the Japanese are  / about / ... I've got myself into the mountains ..... but several hundred kilometers to the north ............ and there are treasures ..... Many nice trees I found in Europe, / Germany, Belgium / unfortunately to Norway we pay extra taxes and import price at the tree it is overpriced ... and also veterinary examinations tree ..... ohhh. ...: (
Good luck ..

Regards Ales

K.T. Cannon-Eger

• NAJGA
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • US Japanese garden blog
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 02:22:48 PM »
Thank you for sharing all your efforts. You have a lovely place to enjoy. I have experienced the same strange looks when I ask for moss followed several months later with questions on "How did you make that moss look so good?" Makes me laugh.
Best wishes with your continuing efforts,
KT

Japanese