Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Hello from North Wales  (Read 2177 times)

Gazania

• Niwashi
Hello from North Wales
« on: July 28, 2012, 02:27:56 AM »
Hi all, what a fantastic forum and website. I have read a lot of information so far and have a few questions I would like to add to the forum later.
I live in North Wales and have a small garden. A small part of it I have tried to incorporate a Japanese style. As the garden is small my Japanese section is looking a bit cluttered and busy at the moment but I am slowly spreading it out into the rest of the garden to make it more pleasing and restful.
Gazania

JBaymore

• Wilton, NH USA (Zone 4-5)
  • Niwashi
    • My New Hampshire Institute of Art Faculty Page
Re: Hello from North Wales
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 11:25:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

When you get a chance ..... pictures please.

best,

.............john

Gazania

• Niwashi
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »
Hi John, thanks for the welcome.

After looking at other peoples gardens on the forum I think it would be embarrassing to post pics of my garden. Firstly, it is very very small. Secondly, it really is just a jumble of plants and stones at the moment. Perhaps after a while studying from you and others on the forum I might have something worth photographing.
Gazania

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 06:58:48 AM »
Don't be embarrassed, we have all started somewhere.  Also if we see your space and what you now have perhaps our advice when you ask a question will be different.  Not all of us are in the same phase of knowledge about the Japanese Garden nor do we have gardens that are totally true Japanese Gardens.  I too am slowly adding more of a Japanese feel to a perennial flower garden that borders my Japanese Garden.  But I am not ready to give up the joy my flowers give me, so some views through my garden will include my flowers and others may frown on that, but I am not offended.  These spaces are our private sanctuaries and if you choose to only pay homage to a small area as a Japanese Garden then I respect your personal choice and I am sure others on our forum would agree.

And don't forget, small spaces are perfect for a Japanese Garden, so don't be shy.

Welcome to the forum.

June

Gazania

• Niwashi
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 08:34:29 AM »
Hi and thanks for the welcome Jando. I will take some pics then and start a gallery. Hopefully uploading pictures won't be too difficult.

Gazania