Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Hello from Ireland!  (Read 1746 times)

badger

• Niwashi
  • welcome to badgers world
Hello from Ireland!
« on: May 14, 2012, 07:57:54 AM »
I'm glad to join you!

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
Re: Hello from Ireland!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 06:39:15 AM »
Welcome Badger, it looks like you have figured out how to post your introduction, great.  Are you planning or do you have a garden in your area?

Jando

badger

• Niwashi
  • welcome to badgers world
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 02:08:14 PM »
Right, now that i have worked out how to post an introduction ( or rather my wife showed me  :-[  ) i can now tell you a bit about me.
Any of you who have visited Ireland will know what a lovely place it is, especially in the south, i live in Mayo but originally from England, a cockney, I live in the foothill of the mountains and love the quite and peace, I'm Retired but have more then enough to do. I built my house myself, now that's done i can set about sorting the garden out. When i bought the site it was covered in Gorse, ( Ulex Spp ) and Broom, ( Genista Spp ) at the time of writing ( 15 May ) the broom is in full flower and looks stunning.
Much of the Gorse had to go to make way for the house. I am now in the process of setting out the structure of the jg, but am very limited to what i can steal, borrow or con stuff out of anybody :'( as money is really tight, ) and i have not found any garden centres or nursery's who sell stuff suitable for the garden, so the garden is not as authentic as i would like, but it has some resemblance.
It is quite difficult to choose suitable plant as the soil holds lots of water due to the Bog sitting on the substrata and nowhere for the water to drain too except to evaporate.
I am lucky as i have a good stream running through the garden part of which i have opened up to create a pond, but it is about 100yds     from the jg, but over time i will link the two together.
I have two and a half acres to play with and the intention is to try and plant as many of my favorite trees as i can on the dryer slopes, Anyone fancy a working holiday?  HeHeHe.

zvone

• Niwashi
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 01:20:06 PM »
Right, now that i have worked out how to post an introduction ( or rather my wife showed me  :-[  ) i can now tell you a bit about me.
Any of you who have visited Ireland will know what a lovely place it is, especially in the south, i live in Mayo but originally from England, a cockney, I live in the foothill of the mountains and love the quite and peace, I'm Retired but have more then enough to do. I built my house myself, now that's done i can set about sorting the garden out. When i bought the site it was covered in Gorse, ( Ulex Spp ) and Broom, ( Genista Spp ) at the time of writing ( 15 May ) the broom is in full flower and looks stunning.
Much of the Gorse had to go to make way for the house. I am now in the process of setting out the structure of the jg, but am very limited to what i can steal, borrow or con stuff out of anybody :'( as money is really tight, ) and i have not found any garden centres or nursery's who sell stuff suitable for the garden, so the garden is not as authentic as i would like, but it has some resemblance.
It is quite difficult to choose suitable plant as the soil holds lots of water due to the Bog sitting on the substrata and nowhere for the water to drain too except to evaporate.
I am lucky as i have a good stream running through the garden part of which i have opened up to create a pond, but it is about 100yds     from the jg, but over time i will link the two together.
I have two and a half acres to play with and the intention is to try and plant as many of my favorite trees as i can on the dryer slopes, Anyone fancy a working holiday?  HeHeHe.

Hi badger!

Welcome on forum. I am convinced, that you will find way towards your dream here.

Ireland is wonderful (from pictures), to live (foresee) yet more.

Be happy in your paradise.

Best Regards! zvone

Japanese