Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Genki desu from LtFuzz  (Read 4356 times)

Ltfuzz

• Santa Cruz CA
  • Niwashi
Genki desu from LtFuzz
« on: April 28, 2007, 02:54:18 PM »
Hi anybody, I'm Dave (LtFuzz) from Santa Cruz CA. I am happy to see folks gathering around a forum again. This one is especially nice. I am looking forward to a summer filled with advice and solace. I missed the other message boards over the past few years. My garden is mature, but always changing and things "pass on" every winter. Then something comes back and their is joy in the house. Today is organized weeding day in the vicinity of the garden. Tomorrow, maybe I'll venture in there and see what happened to my fence. I think the creek ate it up.

Great to be back! Here's a place to visit if you're interested in my garden. The site is way out of date (another project for me)

http://community.webshots.com/album/141068090esMPDx

Dave

Liviu

• Edmonton, AB
  • Niwashi
Re: Genki desu from LtFuzz
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 10:19:59 PM »
Hi Dave and welcome!
Glad to "see" you here. It looks like your garden is changing nicely.

Liviu
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 10:21:55 PM by Liviu »
"Men are slower to recognize blessings than misfortunes." Titus Livius

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 05:14:59 AM »
Welcome Dave,  I am glad to see you join us.  Your gaden photos are beautiful as always.  It is good to hear from you and I know you are going to love what Michael has here.

June

kobold

• Vancouver, BC
  • Niwashi Hyaku
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 06:26:43 AM »
Hi Dave,  what took you so long? I still love your roofed fence as it is!  Updated photos from your garden, please!

Andrea

Lee

• Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Hyaku
    • Lee Schneller Fine Gardens, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 01:38:27 PM »
What a beautiful garden, Dave --- I especially like the zigzag bridge, beach with irises and the roofed fence.  Really nice!

Lee

Michael

• Administrator
  • Niwashi Hyaku
  • Be good and you are good.......play nice
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 11:36:48 PM »
Welcome to mJG LtFuzz!!!

A part of my life unknown to many, it that I was an Lt. once.

Your garden looks very nice and it is obvious that you take care of it with a lot of love and care.  I wish I had your weather.   :)

Another piece of personal trivia is that a high school friend of mine graduated from UC Santa Cruz.  When I would go visit him, we would hang out at Cowell's and Steamer's.  That was a million years it ago it seems.

Michael

Ltfuzz

• Santa Cruz CA
  • Niwashi
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 02:43:53 PM »
We have lived here a million years. Now, as we try to downsize, we find things and places hard to leave. The garden will be hard for a person to care for as much as I do unless there's a very special person out there who wants to keep his hands in the dirt a lot. We are planning to move in April of next year.

Dave

kobold

• Vancouver, BC
  • Niwashi Hyaku
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 10:29:04 PM »
Dave, it is heartbreaking to leave such a garden and move. You created it, worked in it, knew each plants...
Are you going to have a smaller garden or not at all?

Andrea

Ltfuzz

• Santa Cruz CA
  • Niwashi
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 02:25:47 PM »
There will be many other things to do in our new location some miles north of Daytona Beach FL. We were there recently and found many places needing docents in various gardens and historical trusts, etc. Perfect for me - get out of the condo, get to jabber to interested and interesting people about important things in whatever style of "sukiya living" may take place in those locales.
Dave