Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: hello from thailand  (Read 3190 times)

bonsaijohn

• Niwashi
hello from thailand
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:19:34 PM »
hi my name,s john and i live in north east thailand. i have a 1 acre site with some areas japanese . my front garden is 1/3 acre with a zen style with huge boulders, some of which are 5 tons each. integrated into the house < which also has a japanese touch to it > is a 33 ton koi pond with a huge waterfall, the pond is designed to be viewed from the house and the water is at floor level and the house walls are  glass giving the effect that the pond is in the house . the house and garden were designed and built by myself .i am an expert on bonsai and won major awards in europe before i moved to thailand . many of my trees have been featured in books and magazines including thai books . i need to know how to attach a photo, i,v tried but failed, so if somebody can talk me thro it i would be grateful. bye for now john       

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
Re: hello from thailand
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 08:05:38 AM »
Welcome John, your gardens and home sound very beautiful, integrating the inside of your home with the garden with windows sounds cool.

I too had problems posting photos, Andrea shared her secret and it works for me and may for you also.  I emailed the photo I want to post to myself, I downsize them at this time.  The size is then compatible to post them.  I then store them on my desktop.  I hit Browse below where you type your posts, go to my desktop and click on the photo I have stored there.  Works for me, hope this helps with your posting photos.

Again WELCOME,

June

zvone

• Niwashi
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 02:58:26 PM »
hi my name,s john and i live in north east thailand. i have a 1 acre site with some areas japanese . my front garden is 1/3 acre with a zen style with huge boulders, some of which are 5 tons each. integrated into the house < which also has a japanese touch to it > is a 33 ton koi pond with a huge waterfall, the pond is designed to be viewed from the house and the water is at floor level and the house walls are  glass giving the effect that the pond is in the house . the house and garden were designed and built by myself .i am an expert on bonsai and won major awards in europe before i moved to thailand . many of my trees have been featured in books and magazines including thai books . i need to know how to attach a photo, i,v tried but failed, so if somebody can talk me thro it i would be grateful. bye for now john     

Welkome John!

Your garden is most probably something special. I congratulate! I am waiting for pictures of your garden impatiently. I hope, that you won't fail soon.

By then best regards! Zvone

My Japanese garden: http://zvonem.blogspot.si/
My Mounthains pictures: http://zvone.blogspot.si/

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 06:12:36 PM »
Welcome John!  Your garden does sound amazing.  I am sorry for the problems loading photos but with 10,000 posts, you can understand the need to limit size!  If you choose the link below "Attachments and other options" and then add the URL(s) of your photos, you can attach them to your post.  Be sure that your total is less that 256KB. Let us know if you need help beyond this.

What do you feed a 33 ton koi?  Just kidding :) - i do hope you can post photos.

Don

bonsaijohn

• Niwashi
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 10:26:22 PM »
no sorry, tried again but failed, i do not know how to resize pics ?

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 08:27:11 AM »
John,  if it helps you, you can email them to me and I will post them for you.  Usually when you email a photo it asks if you want them re-sized and that is why I said to email them to yourself.  Remember just one photo at a time for my method not a folder, I don't know how to post a lot of them, only one at a time.

June

bonsaijohn

• Niwashi
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 10:14:23 PM »
hi june, thanks for the offer but i want to learn how to do it for myself . when i add a photo to an email it does not ask about size ??? . i use other forums everyday and do not have these problems . there must be a standard way of posting photos without messing around like this ? john