Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Sukiya Living October Kyoto tour  (Read 9766 times)

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
Re: Sukiya Living October Kyoto tour
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 07:39:53 AM »
Al and Mary, thank you for sharing your experiences in Japan.  And Ward I am so happy you and your wife will also have the opportunity to explore Japan.

Mary I so appreciated you taking the time to create your blog on your visit to Japan.  It was so interesting and well done.  On Oct. 23rd I thought the bridge configuration was very cool, I have not seen that before.  And the garden at Hiroshima reminded me of Rockford's Anderson's Japanese Garden for some reason.  Also the pruning photo with the umbrella hung under the limb to catch the debris, that one I am definitely trying, what a great idea.  I am also going to buy some of the netting they spread on the ground.  I now use old sheets but you cannot see through them.

Thanks again I have so enjoyed sharing your trip to Japan with you.

June

K.T. Cannon-Eger

• NAJGA
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • US Japanese garden blog
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 10:58:19 PM »
Meiho's blog is a delight. Congratulations, Mary, not only on making the journey but also describing it so wonderfully AND working hard to include photographs.
Going on one of these tours certainly is on my list of things to do!

marilyn

• Niwashi
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2012, 09:49:47 PM »
Mary,
Because of your blog, I was convinced this was the tour for me this October. The detail you related about the ups and downs, (weather) the beauty and specialness of the gardens you viewed were all a part of helping me to decide this is a tour designed by people who love gardens, and want you to enjoy them as well. It seems like a fabulous mix of gardens and art.

While it seems expensive, in view of all that you get, my feeling is, if not now, when. And I think it will be a wonderful way to celebrate my 65th.

Thank you again,
Marilyn

Japanese