Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: hi from Kosovo  (Read 1906 times)

bresta

• Niwashi
hi from Kosovo
« on: June 06, 2011, 04:26:05 AM »
Hi, I'm Bresta from Kosovo. I'm trying to convince some local authorities to give us a place in the capital Prishtina to build a public Japanese Garden. I think I found quite a lot of fans for the Garden and probably also the place. It's near the main University Building.
Now Prishtina is a very chaotic and dusty city, therefore I think it would be very important to have water in the garden. My next steps would be to find out about details and of course I need to calculate a budget.

edzard

• Garden Professionals
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • fuzei
Re: hi from Kosovo
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Bresta.
You have an ambitious project ahead of you.
There are people here from other Public Gardens that have some experience with what you are doing and may be able to enable you to achieve your goals.
If you encounter questions, please ask..          edzard

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:49:23 AM »
Welcome Bresta,  I googled Prishtina to see what your city is like.  After viewing several photos what impressions stick in my mind are the orange tile roofs of many of your homes, the foothills or mountains in the background of some of the photos and the size of your city.  Some areas are very modern and commercial while others remind me of a country village.  I thought the residential areas were very cool.

Will the placement of the garden have a view of the mountains in the background?  If yes very nice borrowed scenery.

Again Welcome,

June

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  After you have explored some, please let us know how we can help!

Japanese