Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: hello  (Read 2243 times)

dripworld

• Niwashi
    • Drip Irrigatio
hello
« on: May 09, 2011, 07:04:18 AM »
I am from india and i like gardening from long time ago but my main interest is researching and developing drip irrigation products.Though here in india organic gardening was started from last two years and now it is common for everyone.

tdg

• Portland, Oregon
  • Board of Directors
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
Welcome to the group.  You might enjoy some research on your countries history.  Sir Albert Howard (late 1800s - l943) did much of his research and started Organic agriculture and compost making while in India.  If you can find a copy of one of his books,  you will find it to be very interesting.  Please advise us as to drip in the japanese garden.  I have installed a watering system and was convinced not to use drip due to the numerous problems with maintenance.
Thank you,
Terry

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 06:04:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Drip!

dripworld

• Niwashi
    • Drip Irrigatio
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 10:29:41 AM »
Welcome to the group.  You might enjoy some research on your countries history.  Sir Albert Howard (late 1800s - l943) did much of his research and started Organic agriculture and compost making while in India.  If you can find a copy of one of his books,  you will find it to be very interesting.  Please advise us as to drip in the japanese garden.  I have installed a watering system and was convinced not to use drip due to the numerous problems with maintenance.
Thank you,
Terry
thanks for the warm welcome from all.
Their are problems coming in drip systems since it wont suit for every one since everyone has different ideas and jobs also have to run them in time.I had already thought to make some automatic systems which can be used even from pc or mobile or computer etc.Their are already products form orbit company but some may satisfied and some cannot i dont know about them.
Anyway post your problem here in japanese forum if i can help you but i am sure to find a solution for you.

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 09:11:45 AM »
Welcome to the forum, I am sure many will ask for help with solving irrigation problems they may encounter.

June

JBaymore

• Wilton, NH USA (Zone 4-5)
  • Niwashi
    • My New Hampshire Institute of Art Faculty Page
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 02:48:06 PM »
Welcome.  The idea of drip irrigation for some parts of the garden sounds interesting.

best,

...............john

Japanese