Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Japanese Garden Designs  (Read 3698 times)

wanwien

• Niwashi
Japanese Garden Designs
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:24:29 PM »
I see this http://www.japanese-garden-designs.com/home.html.  Wonder anyone purchase and use this plan.

edzard

• Garden Professionals
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • fuzei
Re: Japanese Garden Designs
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 11:02:35 PM »
I hope not.

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 06:34:49 AM »
Wanwien, what i see there is not really Japanese gardening.

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 08:23:15 AM »
Wanwien,  Your garden should be designed for your site and it's conditions, light, moisture, and use.  I think a cookie cutter stamp garden kind of goes against the philosophy of a Japanese garden.

Welcome to our forum, glad you posted and asked about this.  Perhaps Don and Edzard can explain, better than I have, why this type of designing is not a good thing to pursue when planning your Japanese garden.   

June

wanwien

• Niwashi
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 02:43:32 PM »
Thanks for the input.  I am also quite skeptical with the sale pitch and don't want to spend the money on something that not working.

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 09:14:57 PM »
There are two articles recently published on the front page of JGO.  One deals with the essential relationship between architecture and garden, and the other gives a rare view from an apprentice to a Master Japanese gardener.  Both would be a good read for you i think.

Then in the forum, you will see many references to the request of the site influence to the design as June describes.  Hope this helps!

d

dripworld

• Niwashi
    • Drip Irrigatio
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 10:35:36 AM »
I see the bonsai plant was good and it is even in small tub and rest of them i dont like it as this is my review for your page.I request to you put some some designs so others can look.

Japanese