Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Konnichiwa, hello, from Boston  (Read 1696 times)

jrseavitt

• Niwashi
Konnichiwa, hello, from Boston
« on: March 02, 2011, 01:44:32 PM »
Hello -

It seems I will be another addition from the American Northeast; my interest isn't Japanese gardens per se, but rather in creating a garden with a focus on flowers appropriate for chabana (and enough organization and structure to keep everyone else happy).  I study tea (Urasenke) and classical Japanese martial arts (jo/iai).  The former provides me with a source of plants tolerant to the region (or rather, an instructor with a substantial garden and a willingness to share ...).

Hajimemashite,
John

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
Re: Konnichiwa, hello, from Boston
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 07:39:51 AM »
Hi, John.  Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to seeing more discussion on Chanoyu here.

JBaymore

• Wilton, NH USA (Zone 4-5)
  • Niwashi
    • My New Hampshire Institute of Art Faculty Page
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:35:52 AM »
Hi John.  Welcome to the forum.

I'm just a bit north of you....up in southern NH.  I'm a professional potter with strong connections into Japan (yes, I make chadogu  ;)) and pretty unskilled Iaidoka. 

best,

...........john

etehiver

• Minnesota - zone 4
  • Niwashi Hyaku
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 08:16:11 PM »
Hello John,
You'll find that this forum's members will be interested in hearing about your interests in flowers and tea. I'm always learning new things from others here. It's a great environment to share ideas and interests.
You have a nice looking garden. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Mark