Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Konnichiwa from Asakusa  (Read 2112 times)

sugiatchoo

• Niwashi
  • Konnichiwa from Asakusa
Konnichiwa from Asakusa
« on: February 25, 2011, 12:02:36 AM »
Hello, I'm new here.
I live in Tokyo and in a former life was a professional horticulturist in Australia.
These days I'm a typical "salaryman" in Tokyo but recently I have become very
interested in Japanese gardens again. Hope to make lots of new friends here and
exchange ideas and information.
Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!  ;D

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
Re: Konnichiwa from Asakusa
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 07:40:20 AM »
Dozo yoroshiku onegaishi masu, Sugiatcahoo-san!  Welcome to the forum.  Looking forward to exchanging ideas.

don

JamesT

• Board of Directors
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 09:36:43 AM »
Hajimemashite Asakusa-san,

Welcome, thanks for the introduction.

I spend my time trying to persuade Pennsylvania homeowners to invest in garden care and construction at the level of Japanese gardens. It would be interesting to hear your story as you re-explore the gardening world.  What is it like for you and those you know to garden in Japan?  I'd welcome a regular update of your experiences.  Seeing through your eyes would be valuable for many of us.

Wishing you joy in your garden,

James

Vince

• Niwashi
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 02:53:57 PM »
sugiatchoo,
Welcome!!! I'm new here to and live in Sydney. As I pointed out in my intro, I moved a year ago from an apartment to a house with a backyard. I'm slowly transforming it into a japanese garden. Wow! You live in Tokyo! I hope you and your relatives and friends are OK after the earthquake.
My dream is to visit the Kyoto Temples and shrines with it amazing gardens... one day!
I hope to hear about your expertise in the subject! I'm sure everybody will appreciate it! I recently read something about a japanese garden designer who lives in Adelaide and he is introducing australian natives into his design! Folowing the articles I'm already using "dichondra repens" for ground cover in a small area... just to see how it behaves and looks since moss is almost impossible to grow under the Ozzie sun!
Welcome,
Cheers, Vince.

Myro

• NW Croatia
  • Niwashi
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 04:33:16 PM »
Welcome to the forum sugiatchoo-san!  You will find many people here sharing same interests. This is the best place you can find for exchanging ideas and updating knowledge about Japanese garden.
Myro

Japanese