Japanese Gardening Organization

AMAZON SUPPORTS JGO!

Make sure your Amazon purchases benefit JGO and its programs. Enter "Japanese Gardening Organization" here: http://smile.amazon.com/about.

resources for japanese gardening 日本の園芸

Author Topic: Hi from Croatia  (Read 2863 times)

Myro

• NW Croatia
  • Niwashi
Hi from Croatia
« on: June 22, 2010, 07:35:44 AM »
I have started my backyard Japanese style garden few years ago. Creating Japanese garden in Croatia is almost mission impossible. There is no Japanese gardens in country and no such gardens in vicinity so one have no possibility to experience feel of the garden elements in reality. Also it is very hard to find "genuine" materials and ornaments to be incorporated in such type of garden. It needs a lot of effort to achieve some result. The only and best helpful way is internet community. My ongoing project for this summer is some sort of Takeho-gaki style garden fence and Wisteria trellis upon my hosta bed. I will post pictures when I will start. Here are few pictures of some parts of my Japanese garden. A lot of work is need to be done and I hope Japanese Gardening Forum society will help when I stuck. Also I will try to share a little knowledge I have collect in past few years.

Best regards to all members of Japanese Gardening Forum

Myro

don

• So. Texas
  • Administrator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Japanese Gardening Organization
Re: Hi from Croatia
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 09:36:32 AM »
Welcome Myro.  I would say you have done very well with your limited resources.  Have you seen the section on building fences in japanesegardening.org ?

JamesT

• Board of Directors
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 02:12:05 PM »
Welcome Myro,

Nice private spaces, what is your vision for the garden?

James

tdg

• Portland, Oregon
  • Board of Directors
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 09:30:02 PM »
Welcome Myro
You have a good start..  Please keep posting pictures as progress happens.  I like what you show so far.
Terry

Myro

• NW Croatia
  • Niwashi
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 03:42:26 PM »
Hi to all,
Thanks for welcoming me to forum. I have done  some research across entire website and found it very interesting and helpful. Japanese bamboo fence section is specially interesting because of garden fence I am planing to build this summer. Knot tying video is also very helpful because (imho) knot tying technique is one of major stuffs for final fence look. I will post pictures of building progress.

Jando

• Northern Illinois
  • Global Moderator
  • Niwashi Gohyaku!
    • Tuski-Yama Garden
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 08:15:03 AM »
I have no doubt you will be extremely successful, you have no limitations since you have learned what is important for a Japanese Garden.  Using materials you have available for your location and making your garden work for your space, nice job.

Welcome,

June

Japanese