Front Desk- Open To Public > General Discussion

Milestones as 2015 winds down

(1/1)

Michaelinseattle:
I noticed today we have 586,577 forum page views year to date.

Last year we were able to exceed 500,000 page views in a year for the first time ever on the forum.

It looks like we are on a path to exceed 600,000 views this year for the first time ever!

Thank you all for asking questions, answering questions,  and sharing your gardening joy.

We are honored to serve you all.... Michael in Seattle.   8)

K.T. Cannon-Eger:
Hurrah!

Hope this indicates more interest from the public and expanding comversation among members.

Much aloha,
KT

Michaelinseattle:
:)  More posts seem to be happening outside the forum than inside these days.  Maybe we should bring in a summary of the FB posts for  folks to enjoy here.. in case they did not see them.

By the way, We got to over 600,000 in the first 11 months of 2015....  607,685 as of today. 8)

JamesT:
Michael,

Is the 600k milestone all within the forum?  Is that an increase of 100k per annum over last year? Not sure about the slow down impression from those numbers, or is Facebook having greater number of views?  Trying to understand context...587k to 607k is about 20k views in 12 days.  That seems about average for 30 similar periods in year (365/12)? 

What do you think is happening?  Do you think we are doing that much activity on the board room alone?  Are people reading, but not commenting?

James

Michaelinseattle:
James,
A great question. Yes. It was all within the forum.  We had not real baseline or targets for FB.  Though.. were gaining in that area by orders of magnitude. (Probably good to set targets for 2016 there)

Back to the Forum only info. We set targets back in the end of 2014 for a few things. Total Page views, New Topics, and New posts. This enabled us to show year over year growth expectations given no major shifts in behavior. I mentioned 600K earlier.  The true target was to hit 636,477 page views by year end. 

That goal, correlated to same behavior patterns if we have met the BAU (Business As Usual) New Topics and New Posts goals of 235 and 1,822 respectively.

For New Topics and New Posts.. we are actually at 200 New Topics, 1707 new posts. (it is not the end of year yet.. we may hit all our numbers)

As you mentioned, a significant sift is taking place between things.  Board room use is way up. It seems we could bring some of those discussions out here.

Especially where it crosses over to FB posting.  I suspect there may be many legacy SMF users who do not even use FB.

As an experiment... I will post an 1 open topic on FB... So folks can see the upcoming links planned for the rest of Dec 2015.   Maybe that will encourage more discussion both here and on FB. :)

Thanks.. Michael in Seattle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version